Namen der Dozentin: Marika Weigle M.B.A. & Eng.
Modulnummer: WI-M / B06
M&A lecture will only take part, if there are 8 - 10 reliable participants minimum and 15 participants maximum!
Main Lecture Contents:
Principles of companies' cooperations and the Mergers & Acquisitions "M&A" market (ca. 30%):
- M&A relevant definitions
- Global acting companies: diversification/expansion
- The M&A market: History, structure, participants
- The life cycle of a company
- Characteristics for stability/instability of a company related to M&A view
Mergers and acquisitions (ca. 30%)
- English in spoken and written mode, also for examination presentation and related files.
- Students enrol for obligatory participation.
- Students organise themselves in working groups of 2 -3 members and choose a topic of their own interest for a case study.
- The choosen case (cooperation, acquisition or merger of companies) should not be older than 5 years or not be younger than 6 - 12 month.
- Case study contents are to be described in a file/files (e.g. Power Point presentation) and have to be presented by the group as examination (written description and presentation of the case study = 100% for evaluated mark).
- Examination presentation consists of case study presentation plus 15 - 20 min of discussion (presenter - audience)
- Duration of presentation depends on number of group members: 1 member --> min. 50 min plus discussion; 2 members --> min. 65 min plus discussion; 3 members --> 75 min plus discussion
- Teacher: Weigle, Marika